Given your garage or commercial door’s high usage, helping you keep it in good working order is our priority. NationServe’s experienced team is dedicated to providing safe, reliable, and durable garage door and commercial door products that function for years to come. To help keep it that way, garage door safety precautions are key.
Garage door opener safety
Ensure your garage door opener is operating at its best with these helpful tips.
- Mount the garage door opener control button out of the reach of small children and at least five feet from the floor.
- Don't allow children to play with the garage door remote control as a toy.
- Explain to your family how to operate the door safely.
- Know how to use your garage door opener's emergency release feature by reading the instructions in your owner’s manual.
Garage door not working properly? Visit our Troubleshooting Tips to see if your problem is easily fixable.
- Visually inspect your garage door each month.
- Look at the garage door’s springs, cables, rollers, and pulleys for signs of wear.
- If any of these components appear damaged, contact us for inspection or repair.
Don't attempt to repair cables or springs. Improper handling or disconnection can cause breakage and serious injury.
To prevent accidents when a garage door is closing, invest in a garage door opener that features photoelectric eye sensor beams. Sensors are mounted a few inches off the floor and send an invisible beam across the door’s path. To learn if your garage door opener is working properly, visit our Troubleshooting Tips
Garage door security
Planning a vacation or staying away from your home or business for longer than a few days? Help keep your property and belongings secure with these tips.
- Unplug the garage door opener unit.
- Consider purchasing a garage door opener with rolling code technology, which changes the access codes each time the transmitter is used.
- Never leave the remote control in your car or with a parking attendant. Treat it like a house key.
- Always lock the door from the door leading from inside your garage to inside your home or business.
- Open or close your garage door from anywhere in the world with Genie's Aladdin technology.
- For safety information specific to your model, contact us or consult your user manual.